August 18, 2009

Anna and Adeeb's Mehndi


On Friday night, I was honoured to photograph Anna & Adeeb's Mehndi ceremony in Mississauga, a ceremony that was full of time honoured traditions, wonderfully scented jasmine, delicious food, beautiful colours, deep-rooted faith, and loving family. The above picture is what I assumed happened at a Mehndi ceremony. A bunch of ladies having their hands and feet hennaed. Yup, definitely not, but I'll let the pictures do the talking.
















Adeeb's face glowed when he caught sight of Anna. In that moment, he was the happiest man on earth. It was difficult to not get caught up in the excitement and joy of this night!


One thing that I wish I could share with you is how intoxicating the jasmine were that Anna wore. Everywhere she went, the scent filled the room, and Anna was blown away that her groom's family had brought her real jasmine to wear.




This family is deeply religious. You could see that they lived their faith. It was visible in how they treated me, how they interacted with each other, how they spoke and how they conducted their day. I must admit that I'm ignorant to a lot of things outside of my Christian faith, but I enjoyed seeing how prayertime was incorporated with the evening's events.


No comments:

Post a Comment