January 28, 2009

Self Care

It's easy for me to get caught up in all the things that I want to, need to and have to accomplish in my day to day life. Often this leaves me burning the candle at all ends.

So this past weekend after shooting for An Event to Remember by Meghan Guerin I jetted over to a friends place, had some amazing pizza (never had Panago and need to find one near me), a few beers and then crashed.

We woke up relatively early (me nursing a sore throat and the start of a head cold) and headed up to Collingwood and Blue Mountain for a girl's weekend, just me and two university friends, Les and Steph. We checked out the village, grabbed lunch and some beers in the pub, window shopped and then headed over to Le Scandinave Spa for an afternoon and evening of relaxation in outdoor hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas and relaxation rooms.




It may sound like a chicks only type thing but we were surprised to see the large number of guys also enjoying the soothing warmth of the hot water, steam and saunas. I could have spent an entire weekend there, but eventually we were getting rowdy and ready to head out for dinner.



Fixed ourselves up and headed back into the village for dinner at my favourite Huntsville restaurant 3 Guys and a Stove. Turns out they've opened another location at the Blue Mountain Village. Fantastic! Put our names on the hour long wait list for dinner and headed out for martinis across the way. Two hours later and we've all had great food, great wine and great martinis and we're ready to head to our hotel.

The next day I was hurting...sicker than a sick dog. Head cold, sore throat, sore sinuses, sore ears...the works, and I want back in that steam room. Anyways, so since coming home from girls' weekend I've been recovering from being sick: antibiotics, chicken noodle soup, tv, movies, books and the intarwebs.

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment